Welcome to the REVOLUTION!
Follow the progress of the REVOLUTION Campaign! For the latest updates on fundraising, construction, photos, and more – stay current through the Revolution blog!
Your donation will make a difference!
Launching a REVOLUTION in the Dominican Republic
In cooperation with Dominican non-profit partner ACPSI (The Christian Association for the Promotion of Integrated Health), SRI is constructing a new non-profit clinic that will fulfill our original vision of serving the poorest of the poor while providing opportunities to expand available services to the southwestern region of the Dominican Republic.
We believe the new clinic will be a REVOLUTION for the community, but we cannot do this without the prayers, participation, and sacrificial financial giving from people like you. Please consider how you can be a part of this project as we prepare to watch God work and move to provide for its completion. Your involvement will make a difference!
The Challenges We Face
The Christian Clinic for Integrated Health in San Juan de la Maguana faced disastrous flooding from Hurricane George in 1998. The entire clinic was covered by over five feet of water that severely damaged the structure and property.
As a result, the clinic:
- Sits on an uninhabitable flood plain with a high risk of future flooding
- Has maintenance issues beyond repair including a leaky roof, mold growth, and a buckled floor
- Does not comply with government standards and is at risk of being shut down at any time
- Cannot accept insurance which drastically limits funding and makes self-sustainment impossible
For a Sanjuanero to visit the capital, such a trip would entail:
- Purchase of a bus ticket
- Travel for three to six hours one-way
- Unreasonable wait time at public hospital, sometimes for multiple days
- Food and lodging costs
- Sacrifice of salary while away from work
Access to medical care is something that can be easily taken for granted. In the Dominican Republic, good healthcare is not only difficult to be found, but it more often than not denied to the poor. As told by Nerayda in the video above, she was turned away by the man giving tickets at the door because she looked poor. He was not a doctor, but he used his higher status to deny Nerayda the chance to see a doctor for an operation that was needed to save her life.
Bringing State of the Art Healthcare to the Poor
We believe God has not just suggested, but has commanded us in Proverbs 31 as Christians to defend the cause of the poor. James 1 says we are to look after the orphan and widow in their distress. In Matthew 25 Jesus said that whatever is done for the least of these, we do unto Him. We believe in these commands, and it is for that reason we desire to express the need for this clinic project and to give voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. This is SRI’s biggest project yet, but we trust that God will provide. The vision is big, but we believe that if your vision doesn’t scare you, then God probably isn’t in it.
With the help of our Dominican non-profit partner ACPSI, volunteers from across North America and the Dominican Republic, and the faithful giving of donors, we will be able to revolutionize healthcare in the Dominican Republic.
- 46,242 square feet of clinic space
- 56 beds
- $5.9 million in total building and equipment costs
- Increase in annual surgical procedures from 600 to 1,000
- Increase in annual patient services provided from 38,000 to 98,000
- Increase in employees from 35 to 93
The clinic is planning to offer new services, with some of them becoming available to the San Juan community for the very first time! Some of these new services include:
- Ambulance Services
- Blood Bank
- Emergency Care
- Emergency Obstetrics
- Intensive Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Physical Therapy
SRI is pleased to share that a partnership with MedShare is currently being finalized to take care of equipment needs as well as equipment training for the new facility.
MedShare is a 501c(3) humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare helps increase health system capacity and drives sustainability by providing biomedical equipment training and service to healthcare organizations and medical professionals serving populations in need.
MedShare’s deliveries of vital medical supplies and equipment have decreased our nation’s carbon footprint and brought health, healing and the promise of better lives to 100 countries and countless patients.
Read our detailed plan developed by the previous clinic administrator and SRI treasurer along with previous SRI president and CPA. Currently, the clinic is supported at 18%. Our goal is for the clinic to be self-sustaining after five years of operation. The Business Forecast demonstrates how we hope this will be possible.
As always, please keep in mind that there are many ways you can get involved! Please consider the following options for how you can make a difference:
- PRAY – We covet your prayers for this project! Pray for the safety of construction teams on the job site and for our ongoing financial needs to complete the budget. Pray for the lives that will be touched for years to come and ask that God will use the clinic as an incredible tool to reach and help the lost in the San Juan region.
- SERVE – Join a construction team! Lead a construction team! We have a great need for laborers right now and would love to have you and your friends, family, church, and co-workers get some hands-on involvement!
- SHARE – Help spread the word! If you believe in the importance of the REVOLUTION, please share it with your friends and family! Social media is a great way to do this. Please “Like” and share the Solid Rock International Facebook posts and pictures to help spread awareness to as many as possible!
- GIVE – Consider how you and your family can sacrificially give financially to the project in the form of a one-time donation or pledge to help us complete the project budget! You can give online, over the phone (419-956-4077), or by sending a check to: Solid Rock International | PO Box 20867 | Indianapolis, IN 46220.
To express our gratitude for your gift, donations of $3,600 or more will be recognized with the donor’s name listed on the clinic lobby wall. Donations of over $50,000 qualify for room naming. If you meet this requirement, a SRI representative will contact you for more information.
Our office is available to discuss gifts of stocks, bonds, and assets. All gifts are tax deductible. In order to be good stewards of funding, we suggest donations above $500 be sent in the form of a check (including automatic checks from your bank) to avoid the 3% processing fee.